(Fwd) LILO to use with MTD

Dvir Oren dviro at hotpop.com
Mon Mar 20 16:20:01 EST 2000

From:           	Dvir Oren <dviro at ibm.net>
To:             	MTD <mtd at infradead.org>
Subject:        	LILO to use with MTD
Date sent:      	Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:51:43 +0200

I will tomorrow post a patched lilo that should work with /dev/nftla,
and has been partially tested to work (my file systems keeps
getting
corrupt, so LILO can't find boot.b, but it worked one time at least).
The boot.b file should be the same as the boot.b file that worked
with
M-Systems'.  In fact, I think you could run the patched lilo that I
previously posted here using M-Systems' drivers, to boot a kernel
with
MTD.  Nonetheless, tomorrow I'll post a lilo that can work both with
/dev/fla and with /dev/nftla.

As for GRUB - is it usable?
And why use GRUB instead of LILO?

(Again - tomorrow I'll send the files)