LILO and booting from DiskOnChip

Mr. Oogie Boogie rpreston at mitre.org
Fri Mar 17 15:43:48 EST 2000

Hello All,

Sorry to butt in but I hope this is an appropriate group for my
problem. I have a Mighty Mite carrier board with a DiskOnChip 2000. I
am using the Linux v2.2 drivers from M-Systems with kernel v2.2.13.

Simply, when boot/root is set to the DoC, kernel messages during
bootup *do not* appear over the serial line. Strangely, when a boot
floppy (identical kernel) is used with the DoC as root the kernel
messages *do* appear over the serial line.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Do you think this is an error with the DoC or kernel?

Any helpful suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks for your time,

Ralph A. Preston
The MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Road, MS E015
Bedford, MA 01730-1420
Work: 781-271-7914  Fax: 781-271-8875  Cell: 617-257-2695