Booting from the flash

Dvir Oren dvir at lucidvon.com
Wed Mar 1 15:22:43 EST 2000

It appears that nftl_format deletes M-Systems' firmware.  I
remember that David wrote something about fixing that.
doc_loadbios seems to destroy the partition entirely.  Neither M-
Systems' drivers nor MTD drivers can recognize anything on the
flash after doc_loadbios.

Is there a way to boot from a DOC2000 flash using MTD drivers?

[BTW:  I was only successful at creating a 2.3 kernel with MTD
drivers.  2.2 kernels don't seem to work.  I think I have an idea what
could be wrong, and I'll try to test it soon]

---------
Dvir Oren <dvir at lucidvon.com>
Lucid VON Ltd.     <http://www.lucidvon.com>
9 Saloniki St.,        Tel-Aviv       Israel
Tel:  +972 3 644 3038  Fax:  +972 3 644 3039