problems compiling

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 27 10:29:23 EDT 2000

rmoya at tsai.es said:
> mtdcore.c:77: warning: `DECLARE_MUTEX' declared `static' but never defined

You are using an old version of the kernel. Update to 2.2.16 for various
reasons. If you really can't do that then you can at least make MTD compile
by nabbing include/linux/compatmac.h from 2.2.16 and putting it in place.

rmoya at tsai.es said:
>  Looking at the sources, I've seen that the DECLARE_MUTEX is declared
> in the sysdep-2.2.h file, but into a:

We're not using the sysdep-2.2.h file any more. The compatibility macros
have been included into the 2.2.16 kernel.

--
dwmw2