[Fwd: [Fwd: Using MTD drivers with Ampro CoreModule/p5e]]

Nick Maximov maxs at techno.spb.ru
Thu Jun 22 10:02:40 EDT 2000

  I have got new minimodule Ampro CM/p5e with M-Systems DiskOnChip2000
  installed. First I tried to use M-Systems binary drivers to access
  device and got it worked but was unable to set up Linux to load
  from Flash (because supplied patched lilo does not works on).

  I have no HDD connected to CM/p5e but have my own host with Red Hat
  6.2. On this machine I compiled kernel for my CM/p5e. (Kernel version
is
  2.2.14.5-0)

  Now I want to try to work with Grub and MTD drivers to get whole
  things up. First problem is that I cannot locate the latest version
  of grub. FSF site redirects me to GNU and there is just alpha version
  of 0.5 that is not recomended by David.

  Could anyone tell me step-by-step what should I do?

  I have utility disk from Ampro with DoC firmware (DOC2.FFF and
  DOC123.EXB). I followed instructions in M-Systems manual
  "Using DoC under Linux OS" and update firmware using DOC.FFF image.
  Then I successfully built the new kernel with drivers dowloaded
  from M-System's site. Then I have created rescue diskset
  with new kernel and successfully boot and got access to /dev/fla.
  I successfully to fdisked it and mke2fsed it and even cp there some
  files. And at this point my success is gone. I spent time trying to
  make FlashDisk bootable but nothing is works.

  I tried to install drivers from latest mtd and got compilation errors.
  So I was unable even got read access with mtd drivers :-(

 gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include -Wall
 -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -
 fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fno-strength-reduce
 -m486 -malig
 n-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=586 -DMODULE
 -DMODVERSIONS -
 include /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/linux/modversions.h
 -I/root/mtd/kernel/../
 include  -c -o nftl.o nftl.c
 nftl.c: In function `NFTL_setup':
 nftl.c:145: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 3)
 nftl.c: In function `NFTL_foldchain':
 nftl.c:435: warning: implicit declaration of function
 `__constant_cpu_to_le16'
 nftl.c:435: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:439: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:445: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:446: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:436: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
 nftl.c: In function `NFTL_readblock':
 nftl.c:728: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:731: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:734: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:735: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:729: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
 nftl.c: In function `NFTL_findwriteunit':
 nftl.c:799: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:802: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:803: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:804: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
 nftl.c:800: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
 nftl.c: At top level:
 nftl.c:1158: warning: `init_module' defined but not used
 nftl.c:1202: warning: `cleanup_module' defined but not used
 make[2]: *** [nftl.o] Error 1
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mtd/kernel'
 make[1]: *** [_mod_/root/mtd/kernel] Error 2
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.14'
 make: *** [all] Error 2
 [root at maverick mtd]#

  Please help!!!

 --nick