Never mind...

Patrick Higgins phiggins at transzap.com
Mon Jul 31 16:06:59 EDT 2000

It looks like David checked in a lot of changes on the 26th which fix the
problem!  I still need to verify this at home (it wasn't working on
Saturday, but I may not have updated in a while).  Anyway, things are
looking pretty good.  I should be able to *actually* work on the ECC
now.  Do you think we could get the Reed-Solomon code licensed under the
GPL?  If not, how would we avoid infringing their copyright on it?  I plan
on rewriting some of the simpler pieces (the Galois math implementation),
but some of the functions (residue_to_syndrom,
decoder_for_2_errors) should probably be used as is.  How big of a problem
will this be?

-Patrick