Jedec.c problems in mtd-20000704

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at deltatee.com
Wed Jul 26 14:28:27 EDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 mark.langsdorf at amd.com wrote:

> Second, jedec.c (v 1.1) uses several members of the map_info
> structure that are no longer in the map_info structure.
> bus_width and band_size exist in the 1.4 version, but only
> buswidth exists in the 1.5 version.  Is there a suggested way
> to handle this change?

The jedec stuff is not fully merged in properly yet.. So it doesn't work
without a little help of some sort.

I want to see if I can get back to that, but if you need it then I do not
recommend waiting for me :<

The code *does* work, I have tested it fairly well outside of the linux
environment. The tests I have been doing are on a 32 bit FLASH SIMM with 4
devices interleved together.

I did not write a write routine for anything other than that, but it
should be easy to see how to make a new one, IIRC :>

Jason