ELANSC400

Stuart Lynne sl at whiskey.fireplug.net
Mon Jul 24 19:47:03 EDT 2000

In article <005001bff32c$b59a92a0$8e00a8c0 at gpc>,
Gregory Schallert <gschallert at dawning.com> wrote:
>Well,  Here's a new guy to the crowd.
>
>I've Just started playing with the MTD drivers for linux and I have a couple
>of questions.
>I am currently working on a project that (will) store the linux kernel/os on
>flash.  We are useing the ElanSC400 chip and a board that has 3 pairs of
>AM29F016EC Flash Chips arranged such that the high byte of the data goes to
>one chip and the low byte goes to the other.  I was wondering if the MTD
>supports this?  These chips are JEDEC compatiable.
>
>Also I wrote a test program that run in user space and I tried using mmap()
>to read the device and it seems to work OK as long as I map /dev/mem as
>MAP_PRIVATE.  I would like to be able to write to Memory < 1M directly.  If
>I change the flage to MAP_SHARED, mmap() falied with "Permision denied"  Any
>ideas?

The flash parts on the SC400 are mapped through the SC400 MMU. There are
several models, but the easiest is to map them 8kb at a time into a memory
window in low memory (0xc8000 if I remember correctly).

Once there you can access them as normal flash memory.

--
                                            __O
Fireplug - a Lineo company                _-\<,_