Intel Extended Command set in 8x mode

David Vrabel dvrabel at arcom.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 09:28:55 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have a board with an Intel StrataFlash 28F640 on it.  Having written a
map driver the CFI probe code detects the chip.  However it appears that
the Intel Extended Command Set code is only for chips in 16x mode not 8x
mode which this chip is in.  Is this the case?  If so how can I get it
to work?  Do I need to write a whole new thing like cfi_cmdset_0001.c
for 8x mode?

Also,  JFFS won't compile.  I'm using kernel 2.2.16 and the
put-module-symbol patch has been applied and I'm building it outside the
kernel tree.

David Vrabel