Jedec.c problems in mtd-20000704

mark.langsdorf at amd.com mark.langsdorf at amd.com
Thu Jul 20 17:29:36 EDT 2000

I'm sorry if this got patched in the latest CVS, but my
employer's proxy does not seem to support CVS, or perhaps
vice versa, so I have to use the latest tarball.

I've been having some problems with the 20000704 tarball in
regards to jedec.c - first, I can't find a configuration
option that sets a symbol to compile jedec.c, and the Makefile
(in kernel) doesn't seem to have a rule to compile it.  I've
fixed that, but I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not.

Second, jedec.c (v 1.1) uses several members of the map_info
structure that are no longer in the map_info structure.
bus_width and band_size exist in the 1.4 version, but only
buswidth exists in the 1.5 version.  Is there a suggested way
to handle this change?

Mark Langsdorf
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc             Tel: 512.602.3756
5204 E. Ben White Blvd. M/S 590         Fax: 512.602.5051
Austin, TX 78741                        mark.langsdorf at amd.com