inode alignment in flash

Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. rogelio at evoserve.com
Mon Jul 10 14:33:58 EDT 2000

How should the inodes magic number be aligned in flash? On page
boundaries? I have been using mkfs.jffs to create a jffs images. But
after mounting it successfully after thrashing some chunks, it wont
mount the second time i try. I notice that some chunks are discarded as
having invalid checksums and that results in severely reduced file
sizes. When I went over the sources, I keep on seeing blocks being
referred to in the switch construct inside jffs_scan_flash. Magic
numbers are then aligned on block boundaries?