Patch for PowerPC

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jan 19 12:16:48 EST 2000

pavel_roskin at geocities.com said:
>  - Some macros are not constants on PPC and cannot be used after "case".
>   Converted to if-else chains.

I've reproduced this problem on both PPC and m68k. Essentially, we need the
__constant_cpu_to_le16 et al. macros which I just posted.

Hopefully these will go straight into 2.3, and Alan has promised to at least
look at them and consider putting them into 2.2.next

It's not the end of the world if they don't get in immediately - we can stick
the definitions in our own code, surrounded by #ifdef for now.

Ugly, but effective.

--
dwmw2