MTD & JFFS on Arcom SBC

Micheal Kelly michealk at thegravitywell.dhs.org
Thu Dec 7 12:34:30 EST 2000

Hi all,

I've got an Arcom MediaGX board here that I'm trying to get working w/Linux
2.4-test12pre7 ...  Has anyone else tried the latest MTD source from CVS with
this board?

It boots, loads the kernel, and it *does* identify the onboard flash - it
even seems able to *read* from the flash (a JFFS filesystem)... but when a
write occurs, the screen fills with errors - they go scrolling by too quickly
to see, but they're something along the lines of:

Chip not ready for buffer write ...  XStatus = 30  bstatus = 0

and

flash_safe_write returned 5

After a few seconds, the screen fills with:

jffs_garbage_collect_thread():  free size == 0 This is BAD.

:)

Also,
I inadvertently compiled the latest MTD sources from CVS with the JFFS
included in the 2.4 sources and while I still couldn't write to the flash, I
wouldn't get clobbered by 1000's of errors - I'd get one "Chip not ready",
and then get the # prompt back....

Anyone have this working with 2.4?