CFI Physical Mapped working?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Dec 7 03:02:18 EST 2000

ian.nelson at echostar.com said:
> I've been trying to get either the CFI AMD or CFI Physical Mapping to
> work with no luck.  Are there any tricks to making it work?  It
> doesn't look like any of that code is ever called.  I can load the
> modules but nothing ever happens.  I've put some printks in the
> init_module function and nothing ever prints.

There's no known reason why it shouldn't work.

init_physmap() ought to autoload the cfi_probe module, which in turn will
autoload the cfi_cmdset_0002 module if it finds an appropriate chip.

You may find it's best to write a custom map driver instead of the physmap
driver, which handles the chip select line for you.

--
dwmw2