nftl/DoC Mill. root fs question

Levi Khatskevitch LKhatskevitch at cachier.com
Wed Dec 6 02:33:00 EST 2000

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000, Tripp Lilley wrote:
> While researching this whole /etc/mtab vs. /proc/mounts issue, I came
> across the following post:
>
> 	http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0010.3/0243.html
>
> which points out some of the "dangers" in using /proc/mounts, and
> specifically mentions the /dev/root issue. Not sure if it's 100%
> applicable, but it might be a good starting point :)
>

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 tyson at rwii.com wrote:

Thanks,
I'm not yet sure how applicable this is because I'm using busybox mount that as
I have discovered recently doesn't keep mtab at all. It always looks into
/proc/mounts. Since proce/mounts reports /dev/root mounteds on / too I'm
confused, mounting root fs rw doesn't change anything but if I'm using /dev/ram0
as root /proc/mounts and mount both report it correctly. At this point I'm at
loss to explain this.

- Levi

--
Levi Khatskevitch