Odd behavior of JFFS with AMD chips - kernel panic!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Dec 5 04:03:04 EST 2000

nico at cam.org said:
>  David --> This is really really misleading and non-intuitive.  Is
> there a good reason to have a separate device node only for read-only
> access?

No good reason. I inherited the device nodes from a previous driver - as
they're already been registered, it made sense at the time to use them as
they were.

I'm reluctant to change them now unless we register a new major number for
them, to prevent confusion. Changing them but keeping the same major# would
even bite the people who _did_ bother to read the documentation and/or run
the provided MAKEDEV script. :)

--
dwmw2