DiskOnChip 2000/Millennium driver merge.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 1 12:45:56 EST 2000

dwmw2 at infradead.org said:
>  If anyone else with Millennium hardware could take a look at the
> differences between doc2000.c and doc2001.c, especially Ollie who
> actually  knows what he's doing, that'd be very much appreciated.

I think it's fixed. It now works on the DiskOnChip2000 - the culprit was
the change to make doc_write_ecc() actually write the ECC data rather than
just putting it into a buffer for the caller to subsequently write out.

Just continuing to write bytes to the IO register got it working on the
Millennium. Not on the 2000, though. I had to change it to store the data
and call doc_write_oob() at the end of doc_write_ecc() in order to make it
work on the 2000.

I expect that to continue to work on the Millennium, but unfortunately I
seem to have blown mine up - docprobe can't even see it any more :(

The combined 2000/Millennium driver now ought to be completely working.

--
dwmw2