slram

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 05:03:10 EDT 2000

ikinner at redhat.com said:
>  I am attempting to use the slram module, but the ftl_format program
> crashes with a floating-point error every time. If anyone could point
> me to _any_ info on slmod.o, it would be very helpful. There seems to
> be no documentation on it, anywhere...

Don't use slram. Use mtdram.

mtdram uses vmalloc() to allocate a chunk of memory. slram just tries to
use it, and you have to boot your kernel with a 'mem=' option telling it
not to use all the physical memory it finds. I think the default for slram
is to use 64Mb at 64Mb - so you'd need to boot with 'mem=64M'.

--
dwmw2