Has MTD production quality support for DOC2000?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 08:44:19 EDT 2000

sigurdur at ifi.uio.no said:
>  I'm quite new at embedding my penguin, and will have to embedd it on
> a DOC2000. But since I'm new at this I am quite confused... I am
> considering going with MTD instead of m-sys drivers, but after
> searching the archives I'm still not sure on wether MTD is stable
> enough for production or not, so please help:=)

Not yet, if you want to write to the device. Nobody at the moment seems to
be working very fast on it, and I've been busy with JFFS recently.

Linking the M-Systems drivers into your kernel will place _you_ in violation
of the GPL and you may be sued, so why not help out with the MTD drivers?

The support is mostly there - it just needs to be made a little more robust.

--
dwmw2