request module returns "root fs not mounted"

mark.langsdorf at amd.com mark.langsdorf at amd.com
Thu Aug 3 14:29:38 EDT 2000

Forgive me if this is a FAQ, but I can't seem to find any
references to it.  I'm trying to set up some physically mapped
Flash on a SuSE 6.3 system.

When my system is starting up, I perform the do_map_cfi()
call before I mount the root filesystem.  request_module(cfi_probe)
returns "Root fs not mounted."

How can I make the kernel wait to mount the flash until after
the root filesystem is mounted?

Mark Langsdorf
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc             Tel: 512.602.3756
5204 E. Ben White Blvd. M/S 590         Fax: 512.602.5051
Austin, TX 78741                        mark.langsdorf at amd.com