Update: Simplified initrd on flash/ROM.

Bjorn Eriksson mdeans at algonet.se
Wed Aug 2 17:07:58 EDT 2000

>  Does anyone know why I'm not allowed to call ioremap() in
> i386/kernel/setup.c:setup_arch()? It fails with the message 'kmem_alloc:
> NULL ptr (name=unknown)' when __ioremap() calls get_vm_area(size).

 Rudely replying to my self... I obviously didn't research this enough
before posting. The reason seems to be that the slab allocator isn't
initialised yet at this point so the kmalloc() call in get_vm_area() fails.

 I guess I'll have to defer the initialisation till later on in the boot
process.

//Björnen.