CFI-Read-Command

Markus Thiesmeyer mthi at gmx.de
Tue Aug 1 12:23:00 EDT 2000

Hello,

after I've integrated the cfi-support (from mtd-20000704.tar.gz) I noticed a problem when I was tying to read bytes from odd addresses. It it seems as if I've located the problem:

Before the flash ís read, the read-function tries to read the cfi-statemachine. And this operation must be an aligned 16-bit read. But the read-operation uses the given, odd address and gets confused. As a fast bugfix I wrote a wrapper which handles unaligned accesses and forwards aligned accesses to the given read-command.

regards

Markus Thiesmeyer