putting mtd drivers in kernel source

Rodrigo Moya rmoya at tsai.es
Wed Apr 12 05:54:59 EDT 2000

Hi all!

I am trying to put the mtd kernel/ directory in the kernel source tree.
What I've done so far is to create a 'mtd' directory under
/usr/src/linux/drivers/mtd, and include mtd into the list of SUBDIRS in
drivers/Makefile, but the 'Memory Technology Devices' entry does not
appear when I 'make xconfig', and the drivers are not compiled (make
does not enter this directory).

So please, help me! What should I do? is this possible? if not possible,
how do you do to compile the drivers into the kernel (not as modules)?

I am using kernel-2.2.12-20 on a RH 6.1 system

Thanks very much