follow up

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Tue Oct 26 10:28:23 EDT 1999

rcanup at go2fax.com said:
> BLOCK_USED found after BLOCK_FREE in Virtual unit Chain 0 for block 1
> BLOCK_USED found after BLOCK_FREE in Virtual unit Chain 0 for block 1

I think this is what happens when a block is deleted from the NFTL completely,
and the M-Systems driver is interrupted in the middle of folding the chain.

If you only write to the system using my driver, then this should go away,
because my driver won't do that. Perhaps it should, but that's a different
matter.

I believe that my response to that situation is correct according to their
NFTL specification. I just put the message in to warn me, because I didn't
know whether it ever actually happened.

David Woodhouse       David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com      Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,    Process Information Systems     Mobile: (+44) 7976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.