Response from M-Systems

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Fri Jul 9 17:57:19 EDT 1999

David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com said:
>  Worst case: The GPL on the code gets retracted at some later date,
> after we're all using it.

I ought to have pointed out that this applies to _any_ GPL'd driver for the
Disk-On-Chip and NFTL, regardless of whether it's produced by M-Systems, with
M-Systems' specifications, or by reverse-engineering.

If we accept the premise that the patents prevent the code from being released
under GPL, then what are we playing at in the first place?

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.