Disk-On-Chip 2000 and Linux

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Mon Jul 5 11:07:23 EDT 1999

Those of you who have seen my page regarding the Disk-On-Chip 2000 and Linux,
at http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc2000.html , please go back and re-read
it.

I have now heard from M-Systems regarding Linux support, and it seems that my
previous requests for assistance fell upon the wrong ears. They seem genuinely
concerned, and I firmly believe that it should prove possible to provide a
GPL'd Linux driver which does not give away M-Systems' intellectual property.

So those of you who have been waiting for the last few weeks for my verdict on
the Disk-On-Chip, please don't rush off and redesign your boards for
CompactFlash yet - there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I hope that we
should be able to provide proper Linux support for the devices quite soon.

I'll keep you posted.

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.