DiskonChip2000

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Tue Aug 31 04:58:37 EDT 1999

mkilburn at ftel.net said:
> I've got a DiskOnChip2000 and Linux drivers from M-systems web page. I
> would like to use your drivers instead. Do I need to program the flash
> with the alternate firmware for Linux or do your drivers work with the
> normal firmware?

My drivers don't quite work with the normal firmware yet - although my NFTL
driver was written from the specification which M-Systems gave me, there are
subtle differences between my understanding (and hence my implementation) of
NFTL and their implementation, which means that their driver doesn't always
recognise the NFTL after I've been writing to it.

I hope to get that fixed soon.

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.