[PATCH] drm/bridge: add missing drm/drm_panel.h inclusions

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Sep 29 04:26:36 PDT 2026


On Tue, Sep 29, 2026, at 09:27, Luca Ceresoli wrote:
> On Mon Sep 28, 2026 at 6:04 PM CEST, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

>
> So I see two option for a better fix:
>
>  * Option 1 -- fix the really affected drivers by switching from the
>    deprecated API to the one they recommended one. Based on quick analysis
>    there are about 6.
>
>  * Option 2 -- a quick surgical fix:
>
>    In drm_of.h:
>
>      #if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_OF) && IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_BRIDGE)
>       #include <linux/of.h>
>       #include <drm/drm_bridge.h>
>      -#include <drm/drm_panel.h>
>       #endif
>      +#include <drm/drm_panel.h> /* Temporary for *_of_get_bridge() */
>
>    This can easily be tracked and reverted once all
>    devm_drm_of_get_bridge() users are converted to
>    of_drm_get_bridge_by_endpoint().
>
> I'm working right now on option 1, hoping to get a series in a few hours
> from now.

Sounds good to me.

> I can switch to option 2 in case of unexpected issues with option
> 1, or if a fix "really right now" is wanted.

It's only really a problem for randconfig build bots, so as long as
you are fine with getting more reports (and possibly patches from
others) until your fix is in linux-next, I don't think we need
another workaround first.

I've added your new series on my randconfig tree in place of my
patch and will let you know if something comes up. 

     Arnd



More information about the Linux-mediatek mailing list