Wifi 6E 6ghz not working on MediaTek MT7922 (AMD RZ616)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 01:47:39 PST 2023

Hello Daniel/Nick,

Here's the output you asked for: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/kZGS227rdr

>From my rudimentary/casual reading of the mediatek mt76/mt7921e driver
code it appears it's loading the 7921 variant (filename 7961) of
firmware and not 7922 so I tried to patch those few lines to no luck.

Also just tried copying over the 7922 files to the 7961 names and
tried with unmodified kernel (both 6.2rc2 and 6.1.2-xanmod).

I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing here, so if you have further
suggestions/info you need let me know?

Regards!
Vishal