[GIT PULL] arm: mediatek: DT updates for v5.19

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri May 13 05:11:57 PDT 2022

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 1:21 PM Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arnd and Olof,
>
> Please have a look on the below 32 bit DT updates for v5.19. Apologies for the
> late pull request but I got sick and needed my time to recover.

> Yong Wu (1):
>        arm: dts: mediatek: Get rid of mediatek, larb for MM nodes

Can you clarify what this means for backwards compatibility? I see old kernels
used to parse these properties, does that mean that the updated DT is no
longer compatible with them?

If you break compatibility, this should only be done for exceptional reasons,
and explain the tradeoffs. What is the oldest kernel that is still compatible
with the updated DT files, and why can't we just keep the properties around?

       Arnd