MT7621 SoC Traffic Won't Flow on RGMII2 Bus/2nd GMAC

Arınç ÜNAL arinc.unal at arinc9.com
Sun Jan 23 00:33:04 PST 2022

Hey Deng,

On 23/01/2022 09:51, DENG Qingfang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you set the ethernet pinmux correctly?
>
> &ethernet {
>      pinctrl-names = "default";
>      pinctrl-0 = <&rgmii1_pins &rgmii2_pins &mdio_pins>;
> };

This fixed it! We did have &rgmii2_pins on the gmac1 node (it was
originally on external_phy) so we never thought to investigate the
pinctrl configuration further! Turns out &rgmii2_pins needs to be
defined on the ethernet node instead.

I'll send a patch to address this on mt7621.dtsi.

You saved us a bunch of time, thank you very much!

Cheers.
Arınç