MediaTek MT7922 (AMD RZ616) Wifi 6E 6ghz not working

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 02:31:12 PST 2022

Hello!

Please reply-all (to CC me in replies as I am not subscribed to the
mailing list) for any followups where I can provide further
information.

Using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS based distro elementary OS 7 with the latest
available Ubuntu mainline kernel 6.1 RC5 build the wifi does not
connect to the 6GHZ band (Wifi 6E) and it only even shows the 6ghz
SSID name *after* I have connected to the 5ghz wifi band.

This is on a new ASUS ZenBook laptop model UM5302TA with the AMD Ryzen
6800U CPU platform which includes the AMD-Mediatek co-developed RZ616
wifi chip I believe.

Pastebin of lspci -vvnn output: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/QwM58ZkptG

Let me know what further information I should provide - happy to do so!

Regards,
Vishal Rao