[PATCH v11 0/5] Add support for mt8183 SCP.
pihsun at chromium.org
Wed Jun 12 21:06:47 PDT 2019
Add support for controlling and communicating with mt8183's system
control processor (SCP), using the remoteproc & rpmsg framework.
And also add a cros_ec driver for CrOS EC host command over rpmsg.
The overall structure of the series is:
* remoteproc/mtk_scp.c: Control the start / stop of SCP (Patch 2, 3).
* remoteproc/mtk_scp_ipi.c: Communicates to SCP using inter-processor
interrupt (IPI) and shared memory (Patch 2, 3).
* rpmsg/mtk_rpmsg.c: Wrapper to wrap the IPI communication into a rpmsg
device. Supports name service for SCP firmware to
announce channels (Patch 4).
* add scp dts node to mt8183 platform (Patch 5).
This series (In particular, Patch 5) is based on
Changes from v10:
- Drop applied cros_ec_rpmsg patches.
- Add clock reset before loading SCP firmware.
- Fix some type mismatch warnings when printing debug messages.
Changes from v9:
- Remove reserve-memory-vpu_share node.
- Remove change to cros_ec_commands.h (That is already in
Changes from v8:
- Rebased onto https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/10962385/.
- Drop merged cros_ec_rpmsg patch, and add scp dts node patch.
- Add more reserved memory region.
Changes from v7:
- Rebase onto https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1059196/.
- Fix clock enable/disable timing for SCP driver.
- Add more SCP IPI ID.
Changes from v6:
- Decouple mtk_rpmsg from mtk_scp.
- Change data of EC response to be aligned to 4 bytes.
Changes from v5:
- Add device tree binding document for cros_ec_rpmsg.
- Better document in comments for cros_ec_rpmsg.
- Remove dependency on CONFIG_ in binding tree document.
Changes from v4:
- Merge patch 6 (Load ELF firmware) into patch 2, so the driver loads
ELF firmware by default, and no longer accept plain binary.
- rpmsg_device listed in device tree (as a child of the SCP node) would
have it's device tree node mapped to the rpmsg_device, so the rpmsg
driver can use the properties on device tree.
Changes from v3:
- Make writing to SCP SRAM aligned.
- Add a new patch (Patch 6) to load ELF instead of bin firmware.
- Add host event support for EC driver.
- Fix some bugs found in testing (missing spin_lock_init,
rproc_subdev_unprepare to rproc_subdev_stop).
- Fix some coding style issue found by checkpatch.pl.
Changes from v2:
- Fold patch 3 into patch 2 in v2.
- Move IPI id around to support cross-testing for old and new firmware.
- Finish more TODO items.
Changes from v1:
- Extract functions and rename variables in mtk_scp.c.
- Do cleanup properly in mtk_rpmsg.c, which also removes the problem of
short-lived work items.
- Code format fix based on feedback for cros_ec_rpmsg.c.
- Extract feature detection for SCP into separate patch (Patch 6).
Eddie Huang (1):
arm64: dts: mt8183: add scp node
Erin Lo (3):
dt-bindings: Add a binding for Mediatek SCP
remoteproc/mediatek: add SCP support for mt8183
remoteproc: mt8183: add reserved memory manager API
Pi-Hsun Shih (1):
rpmsg: add rpmsg support for mt8183 SCP.
.../bindings/remoteproc/mtk,scp.txt | 36 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8183-evb.dts | 11 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8183.dtsi | 12 +
drivers/remoteproc/Kconfig | 10 +
drivers/remoteproc/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/remoteproc/mtk_common.h | 79 ++
drivers/remoteproc/mtk_scp.c | 683 ++++++++++++++++++
drivers/remoteproc/mtk_scp_ipi.c | 163 +++++
drivers/rpmsg/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/rpmsg/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/rpmsg/mtk_rpmsg.c | 396 ++++++++++
include/linux/platform_data/mtk_scp.h | 167 +++++
include/linux/rpmsg/mtk_rpmsg.h | 30 +
13 files changed, 1598 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/remoteproc/mtk,scp.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/remoteproc/mtk_common.h
create mode 100644 drivers/remoteproc/mtk_scp.c
create mode 100644 drivers/remoteproc/mtk_scp_ipi.c
create mode 100644 drivers/rpmsg/mtk_rpmsg.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/platform_data/mtk_scp.h
create mode 100644 include/linux/rpmsg/mtk_rpmsg.h
More information about the Linux-mediatek