[PATCH v6 0/11] Add mt7629 and fix mt7628 pwm
sam.shih at mediatek.com
Wed Aug 28 22:39:09 PDT 2019
Changes since v6:
1. Due to we can use fixed-clock in DT
We removed has_clks and fixed-clock properties
Changes since v5:
- Follow reviewer's comments:
1. the license stuff is a separate change
2. split fix mt7628 pwm into a single patch
3. to ensure to not use mtk_pwm_clk_name
(After dynamic allocate clock array patch,
this is no need to check)
4. Use clock-frequency property to replace
the use of has_clks
Changes since v4:
- Follow reviewer's comments (v3: pwm: mediatek: add a property "num-pwms")
Move the changes of droping the check for of_device_get_match_data
returning non-NULL to next patch
- Follow reviewers's comments
(v3: pwm: mediatek: allocate the clks array dynamically)
1. use pc->soc->has_clks to check clocks exist or not.
2. Add error message when probe() unable to get clks
- Fixes bug when SoC is old mips which has no complex clock tree.
if clocks not exist, use the new property from DT to apply period
calculation; otherwise, use clk_get_rate to get clock frequency and
apply period calculation.
Changes since v3:
- add a new property "clock-frequency" and fix mt7628 pwm
- add mt7629 pwm support
Changes since v2:
- use num-pwms instead of mediatek,num-pwms.
- rename the member from num_pwms to fallback_num_pwms to make it
more obvious that it doesn't represent the actually used value.
- add a dev_warn and a expressive comment to help other developers
to not start adding num_pwms in the compatible_data.
Changes since v1:
- add some checks for backwards compatibility.
Ryder Lee (5):
pwm: mediatek: add a property "num-pwms"
dt-bindings: pwm: add a property "num-pwms"
arm64: dts: mt7622: add a property "num-pwms" for PWM
arm: dts: mt7623: add a property "num-pwms" for PWM
dt-bindings: pwm: update bindings for MT7629 SoC
Sam Shih (6):
pwm: mediatek: droping the check for of_device_get_match_data
pwm: mediatek: remove a property "has-clks"
pwm: mediatek: allocate the clks array dynamically
pwm: mediatek: use pwm_mediatek as common prefix
pwm: mediatek: update license and switch to SPDX tag
arm: dts: mediatek: add mt7629 pwm support
.../devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm-mediatek.txt | 8 +-
arch/arm/boot/dts/mt7623.dtsi | 1 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7622.dtsi | 1 +
drivers/pwm/pwm-mediatek.c | 245 +++++++++---------
arch/arm/boot/dts/mt7629.dtsi | 16 ++++++++++++++++
5 files changed, 149 insertions(+), 122 deletions(-)
More information about the Linux-mediatek