[PATCH v4 0/10] Add mt7629 and fix mt7628 pwm
sam.shih at mediatek.com
Mon Aug 19 18:40:15 PDT 2019
From: sam shih <sam.shih at mediatek.com>
Changes since v4:
- Follow reviewer's comments (v3: pwm: mediatek: add a property "num-pwms")
Move the changes of droping the check for of_device_get_match_data
returning non-NULL to next patch
- Follow reviewers's comments
(v3: pwm: mediatek: allocate the clks array dynamically)
1. use pc->soc->has_clks to check clocks exist or not.
2. Add error message when probe() unable to get clks
- Fixes bug when SoC is old mips which has no complex clock tree.
if clocks not exist, use the new property from DT to apply period caculation;
otherwise, use clk_get_rate to get clock frequency and apply period caculation.
Changes since v3:
- add a new property "clock-frequency" and fix mt7628 pwm
- add mt7629 pwm support
Changes since v2:
- use num-pwms instead of mediatek,num-pwms.
- rename the member from num_pwms to fallback_num_pwms to make it
more obvious that it doesn't represent the actually used value.
- add a dev_warn and a expressive comment to help other developers
to not start adding num_pwms in the compatible_data.
Changes since v1:
- add some checks for backwards compatibility.
Ryder Lee (6):
pwm: mediatek: add a property "num-pwms"
pwm: mediatek: allocate the clks array dynamically and fix mt7628 pwm
dt-bindings: pwm: add a property "num-pwms"
arm64: dts: mt7622: add a property "num-pwms" for PWM node
arm: dts: mt7623: add a property "num-pwms" for PWM node
dt-bindings: pwm: update bindings for MT7629 SoC
sam shih (4):
pwm: mediatek: droping the check for of_device_get_match_data
pwm: mediatek: use pwm_mediatek as common prefix
dt-bindings: pwm: update bindings for MT7628 SoC
arm: dts: mediatek: add mt7629 pwm support
.../devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm-mediatek.txt | 11 +-
arch/arm/boot/dts/mt7623.dtsi | 1 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7622.dtsi | 1 +
drivers/pwm/pwm-mediatek.c | 242 ++++++++++--------
arch/arm/boot/dts/mt7629.dtsi | 16 ++++++++++++++++
5 files changed, 160 insertions(+), 111 deletions(-)
More information about the Linux-mediatek