Questions about bringing up MT7623 board

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Sat Feb 17 11:10:36 PST 2018

Hi Matthias,

Am 12.02.2018 um 12:08 schrieb Matthias Brugger:
> On 02/11/2018 11:55 AM, Kristian Evensen wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:41 AM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
>>> Is Earlyprinkt enabled in the kernel .config ?
>>
>> No, turns out CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK was not enabled. This is the first
>> time I am trying to add support for a board outisde the safe walls of
>> OpenWRT, so sorry for such a rookie mistake.
>>

> More then a rookie mistake for me it's kind of an overlook which can cost you
> half a day. This kind of errors at least to me they happens on a semi-regular
> basis :)

Is there some problem with using earlycon on Mediatek? That should avoid
tinkering with earlyprintk Kconfig options.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_mtk.c

The mtk8250 earlycon option is not documented for users:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/plain/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)