Questions about bringing up MT7623 board

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 03:13:28 PST 2018

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
> You'll also need to tell the kernel about the uart, looking at the owrt
> config you'll find ...
>
> grep DEBUG_UART target/linux/mediatek/config-4.9
> CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250=y
> # CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_FLOW_CONTROL is not set
> CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_SHIFT=2
> # CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_WORD is not set
> CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_PHYS=0x11004000
> CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_VIRT=0xf1004000

Thanks, I will take a look. I also made some progress. I used a
different config I found on the Banana Pi forums (availble here
http://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=bpi-r2:mt7623n_evb_ryderlee_defconfig.txt)
and while there are some errors when booting, booting to the ramdisk
works fine. So it seems that the DTS at least is not completely
broken.

BR,
Kristian