Questions about bringing up MT7623 board

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 02:33:57 PST 2018

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Kristian Evensen
<kristian.evensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With OpenWRT, I based the dts for the U7623 on mt7623-eMMC.dts. Since
> this file is not available in the mainline kernel, I decided to use
> the DTS for Banana Pi R2 as the boards seem fairly similar (and the
> initial goal is just to have a kernel that boots). I got a 4.14 config
> from a repo I found on the BPI-forum
> (https://github.com/frank-w/BPI-R2-4.14), added missing config symbols
> for 4.15, compiled a kernel and appended the dtb to the uImage. So
> far, so good and the kernel compiles just fine.

I see that I made some mistakes and missed some details in the
description. Sorry about that, I blame the lack of coffee :)

I did not use the DTS for the R2, as I had already seen that 4.9
failed to boot with the R2 DTS (also the no output-error). What I did
was that I took the mt7623-eMMC.dts and updated it (basically
uncommenting the switch-section) so that the compiler would not hit
any errors/warnings. I also reduced the amount of memory, as my board
only has 512MB RAM.

BR,
Kristian