Questions about bringing up MT7623 board

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:12:40 PDT 2018

Hi Ryder,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 3:42 AM, Ryder Lee <ryder.lee at mediatek.com> wrote:
> We didn't support port2 (pcie at 2,0) for mainline version, but if you want
> to use it you could take a look at -
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9747713/
>
> grep: HIF_SYSCFG1 /HIF_SYSCFG1_PHY2_MASK
>
> That is, you need to clear these bits to 0 to enable PHY for pcie at 2,0.

Thanks a lot for the pointer. With the attached patch and a slight
update to my DTS (add a reference to hifsys for usb3phy2), both the
PCIe-slots work and I have both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz.

The "only" thing left now is the USB OTG-port. I got the SDK from the
vendor yesterday, but without any proper documentation. Looking
through the kernel configuration for my board, the only relevant
select options (that I could find), was that USB_MUSB_HDRC and
MUSB_PIO_ONLY was enabled. Enabling those options for my 4.14 kernel
has seemingly no effect, the modem connected to PCIe-slot connected to
the OTG-port (puh) is not visible. Does anyone know where I should
start looking in order to enable this port? I see that there is some
mention of OTG in phy-mtk-tphy.c, but not sure if that is relevant.
Also, as far as I can tell, my device should be set to host mode and
both usb-phys are activated (phy1 is the port on the front of my
board, phy2 shared with pcie).

Thanks in advance for any help (again)!

BR,
Kristian