Frequent TX timeouts on a MT7623 (MT7530)

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 11:08:48 PST 2017

Hi,

Sorry that it took a while before I answered, busy day.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Kristian Evensen
<kristian.evensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my earlier fixes (for MT7621 though) was to disable the pause
> frame and this did make the switch a lot more stable. I will try to
> remove the PMCR_RX_FC_EN and see what happens, and let you know. Just
> out of curiosity, do you know what would be the equivalent
> bit/register with the mt7621? Then I can test this on more devices.

I have now done a few more tests.

* If I add a switch between the 7623 and the other router, I do not
see the tx timeout.
* When setting up a mirroring port, I see nothing special coming from
the router that has hung. However, it could be that packets are
gobbled up by the switch itself. I will see if I can get some other
capturing equipment, or just try with a hub.
* Enabling disabling flow control (and pause frames during
auto-negotiation) has no effect. I can still see the crash.

-Kristian