[RFC v4 4/8] video: rmk's HDMI notification prototype

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Feb 18 07:24:06 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 04:18:30PM +0100, Philipp Zabel wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2016, 15:06 +0000 schrieb Russell King - ARM
> Linux:
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 04:02:17PM +0100, Philipp Zabel wrote:
> > > This is extracted from Russell's food for thought HDMI notification
> > > prototype [1]. I've put it into drivers/video for the time being because
> > > my kernels don't have drivers/cec yet.
> >
> > I see it's also the old version still - this is my latest version, only
> > subtly different in terms of the file naming and Kconfig option name.
> > Functionally the same.
>
> Thank you for the update. Have you sent (or do you intend to send) this
> separately somewhere? I could then reference it and drop the patch from
> this series.
> Or I could add your signoff and keep the new patch as part of this
> series, if you'd prefer.

I haven't yet: it's part of two branches in my tree at the moment, one
with Hans Verkil's CEC work in plus TDA998x and dw-hdmi support for
that, and also my imx-drm branch which contains a reworked version of
FSL's CEC code:

imx-drm:
drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: place PHY into low power mode when disabled
drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: start of support for pixel doubled modes
drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: remove CEC engine register definitions
drm: bridge/dw_hdmi-cec: add Designware HDMI CEC driver
cec: add HDMI CEC input driver
cec: add HDMI CEC core driver
drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: add HDMI notifier support
video: add HDMI state notifier support

cec:
cec: add tda9950 driver using Hans Verkil's CEC code
drm: i2c/tda998x: add CEC support
cec: add dw-hdmi cec driver using Hans Verkil's CEC code
DocBook/media: add CEC documentation
cec.txt: add CEC framework documentation
cec: add compat32 ioctl support
cec: add HDMI CEC framework
rc: Add HDMI CEC protocol handling
HID: add HDMI CEC specific keycodes
input.h: add BUS_CEC type
drm: bridge/dw_hdmi: add HDMI notifier support
video: add HDMI state notifier support

I haven't put any thought into how to get anything from these merged yet,
I was rather hoping that Hans was going to push his own CEC work to be
merged, and then I'd think about those logistics.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.