[PATCH v6 0/3] Add MediaTek display PWM driver
yh.huang at mediatek.com
Fri Jul 24 02:10:58 PDT 2015
On Fri, 2015-07-24 at 10:42 +0200, Matthias Brugger wrote:
> On Monday, July 20, 2015 04:17:14 PM YH Huang wrote:
> > This patch series add the use of display PWM driver, documentation
> > and device tree for Mediatek SoCs. The driver is used to support
> > the backlight of the panel. This is based on v4.2-rc1.
> > The clock definitions (CLK_MM_DISP_PWM*) are added by James Liao's patch:
> > clk: mediatek: Add subsystem clocks of MT8173
> > Change in v6:
> > 1. Enable clocks in the pwm_enable function
> > 2. Remove suspend/resume code since pwm-backlight driver has done the same
> > things 3. Revise some code to make it easier to read
> Can you please provide the whole change log for all versions the next time.
> It's easier this way to understand the evolution of the series.
Change in v6:
1. Enable clocks in the pwm_enable function.
2. Remove suspend/resume code since pwm-backlight driver has done the
3. Revise some code to make it easier to read.
Change in v5:
1. Configure PWM output via pinctrl.
2. Fix the parameter name in dtsi.
Change in v4:
1. Codebase is on v4.2-rc1.
2. Add the PWM node in dtsi.
3. Change the dependency in Kconfig.
4. Rewrite some code for readability.
Change in v3:
1. Add suspend/resume function.
2. Fix the formula for high_width calculation.
3. Rewrite some code to make it easier to read.
4. Add more information in the commit message.
Change in v2:
1. Rewrite descriptions for driver in kconfig to make it much clear.
2. Rename the driver from "pwm-mediatek-disp" to "pwm-mtk-disp".
3. Disable clocks in the error path.
4. Change the shift values in decimal instead of hex.
5. Rename and add some variables or function name for consistency and
6. Drop unnecessary parentheses, spaces, variables and add newlines to
make the code easiler to read.
Thanks for your suggestion.
More information about the Linux-mediatek