Platform driver for Alix, Geode interrupts on GPIO24, etc.

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Jul 30 01:49:47 EDT 2011

I'm looking at 3 popular SBC's (PC Engines Alix2, Soekris net5501, and Traverse Technologies Geos2) and trying to add platform drivers for these.

I'm using as a starting point the driver that Ed sent out a few weeks ago.

However, as I add functionality, a few questions came up:

* how does one set up the GPIO24 (C9) line as a button (S1 on page 6) with an interrupt? I've added code to set it up as gpio-button, but there's no association with an interrupt or enabling it. Any pointers to code that does this would be appreciated.

* all 3 boards support Flash for the bootable medium and native operating system... however I don't think the drivers used in this case (the cs5535-pata driver) knows how to drive an ledtrig (example: ledtrig-ide-disk). I might be mistaken. Anyone else seen a way?

* the Alix6 uses GPIO lines 1 (K3) and 6 (D2) for AC_BEEP/SIM select and LED1 (respectively).  GPIO27 (C0) either controls RFKILL or LED3 (still trying to figure out how)...

Here's the CS5535 data sheet:

http://support.amd.com/us/Embedded_TechDocs/31506_cs5535_databook.pdf

I'm trying to figure out what sort of GPIO abstraction is appropriate for controlling the SIM select... or the RFKILL, for that matter.

Anyone have any suggestions on useful code snippets, especially ones that use the new mfd-cs5535 driver?

Thanks,

-Philip