Geode LX CS5536 EHCI problems

Martin Schiller mschiller at tdt.de
Tue Nov 2 03:31:58 EDT 2010

Am 28.10.2010 10:35, schrieb Martin Schiller:

> Am 28.10.2010 09:57, schrieb Andres Salomon:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:05:06 +0200
>> Martin Schiller <mschiller at tdt.de> wrote:

>>> I am currently using 2.6.32.24, but I can also update to 2.6.36 if
>>> it's really necessary.
>>>
>>> There were 78 open/close cycles of port /dev/ttyUSB3
>>> The inline debug log in this message is just an extract. Have a look
>>> at the attached file CS5536-EHCI-debug-log.txt for the full log. I
>>> think it would also be possible to get some debug messages from the
>>> sierra usb-2-serial driver. Should I activate that?
>> Wouldn't hurt, but I think I see where it's screwing up; sierra_open attempts
>> to submit a bunch of URBs for filling it via ep5in (submitting 8 URBs as
>> defined by N_IN_URB_HM).  Those URBs never get filled in, always failing
>> with -EINPROGRESS.
>>
>> This may be a driver bug, but when you attempt to do this over and over,
>> the CS5536 ehci hardware ends up having to deal with both valid URBs and
>> these failing URBs and, after a number of these failures, seems to
>> get confused and lock up (or something).
>>
>> I'd love to see what the logs look like on another machine, where the
>> serial device actually works.
>>
> No problem. You can find a log of approximately 1200 open/close cycles with a pci usb 2.0 controller-card on the same plattform (so, exactly the same sofware) in the attached file.

Did you have a look at the log? Do you have any ideas what we can do now?

Regards, Martin

TDT GmbH - Siemensstrasse 18 - Gewerbegebiet Altheim - 84051 Essenbach - Germany

Geschäftsführer: Elisabeth Pickhardt, Michael Pickhardt
Registergericht Landshut, HRB 1193

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this e-mail in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. TDT GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. TDT GmbH does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.