[Xorg-driver-geode] last call for testing: X.org Geode 2.11.9release candidate

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Thu Aug 19 23:28:30 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Huang, FrankR <FrankR.Huang at amd.com> wrote:
> For the rendering bug, main issue has been fixed in previous version driver. About the logout screen misrendering, after some tests on daduke's platform(special thanks for him), no hints here prove that is a rendering issue(return FALSE for everything in lx_check_composite, still misrendering). And In Lucid(10.04) with KDE 4.4.2, It still can not be reproduced on my platform. So that issue need more investigation to find the root cause.

Noted.

> I agree with you standpoint that we release a new version driver this week. Rotation remaining work, Hunk and Mart still give more time on the root cause for that. I am assisting with them. With no pressure on fixing that before release, it is better for us to find the reason. If that causes regression on OLPC (X 1.6 server), please revert that firstly before fixing after all.

In that case, could you please mention the commit hash that I need to
revert? For now, I would simply revert that commit, if it can restore
operation on the OLPC XO-1 with X server 1.6, and release 2.11.9
immediately after.

There actually *is* pressure to produce the release, because both
Debian and Ubuntu have already entered feature freeze and the longer
we wait, the lesser the chances of getting 2.11.9 accepted into
Debian/Squeeze and Ubuntu/Maverick. This precisely why I initially
pushed for us to release 2.11.9 at the *start* of summer, so that we
could release well ahead of the freeze. Sadly, we already missed that
deadline and we will now need to do some serious convincing to make
the Debian and Ubuntu release managers agree to include 2.11.9 into
their next release.

Martin-Éric