Power Saving

Ed Wildgoose ed at wildgooses.com
Tue Aug 25 15:45:54 EDT 2009

Can I ask a fairly dim question - if I wish to minimise power
consumption on a geode based board using a 2.6 kernel, what are the
basic power saving knobs and toggles available to me?  Board is actually
an Alix 2 board

I initially added CONFIG_X86_GX_SUSPMOD, which looked like the correct
module for frequency control, but I don't see any statistics or evidence
that it's actually doing anything?  Is this the correct module?  Is freq
control available on the geode?

Can anyone offer a top level overview of what options I should be
looking for to offer a starting reasonably optimised kernel for the Alix?

Thanks

Ed W