question on geode driver for windows

Yoder, John John.Yoder at amd.com
Tue Jun 17 11:33:43 EDT 2008

We have discussed including Wide Screen into the Geode LX Windows XP
driver. At present, you are correct, it does not for general
consumption. That said, we have added Wide Screen support for some
customers. Also, the XP driver is available in the AMD Embedded
developers website. For people to get the source there are NDA, and EULA
agreements that must be met. What I am saying is that the XP driver is
NOT a Community Supported driver. For the Microsoft Windows Operating
System these drivers to be Community Supported it would void our
agreements with Microsoft.

The options you would have are to check with the manufacturer of your
Geode(tm) X based system to see if they have drivers available for you.
If you are the manufacturer of the motherboard that contains the
Geode(tm) based processor and chipset, please let us know company, etc.
so we can provide this driver through the correct support channels.

Regards,

John Yoder