PCI ID conflicts between Cyrix, NSC and AMD Geodes video devices

Yoder, John John.Yoder at amd.com
Fri Jun 13 11:42:56 EDT 2008

/usr/share/xserver-xorg/pci/cyrix.ids
10780000	->	Cyrix CS5510
10780002	->	Cyrix CS5530 IDE
10780104	->	Cyrix CS5530 Video

/usr/share/xserver-xorg/pci/nsc.ids
10780104	->	Cyrix CS5530 Video (IP Transition to NSC)
10780504	->	UNKNOWN
10780104	->	Cyrix CS5530 Video (IP Transition to NSC)
10780030	->	UNKNOWN
100B0104	->	UNKNOWN (NSC CS5530 Video IP Transition to NSC from Cyrix)
100B0504	->	NSC SCx200 Video
100B0104	->	UNKNOWN (NSC CS5530 Video IP Transition to NSC from Cyrix)
100B0030	->	UNKNOWN (IP Transition to NSC)

/usr/share/xserver-xorg/pci/geode.ids
10222081	->	AMD Geode LX Video

It appears there are a couple repeat PCI IDS in the list. The values that state UNKNOWN are not registered in the Linux PCI ID Repository. Although it is "brute force" the values that are UNKNOWN should probably be pulled. I'll leave that decision up to you as the maintainer what needs to happen with these.

Regards,

John Yoder