dac blanking patch

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Jul 9 10:54:34 EDT 2008

On 08/07/08 23:16 -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> Hi Jordan,
>
> I tested out the DAC blanking patch[0] on a salsa board, and it seemed
> to work correctly.  That is, 'setterm -blank 1' had it completely
> shut off the CRT, getting rid of the weird character destruction
> during blanking. However, I'm not convinced that we're doing the right
> thing, at least with respect to standard terminal behavior.  Normally,
> -blank controls just blanking, with -powerdown turning off the CRT.  I
> suppose it doesn't matter that much..

Agreed, but I think that in case, we've shown conclusively that blanking
doesn't work like we expect it to, either by design or broken hardware.
I think this is next best alternative.  And for what its worth, its what
Cimarron does as well, so at least there is precedence.

It will head upstream shortly.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse