AMD Geode CS553X GPIO driver

jordan at cosmicpenguin.net jordan at cosmicpenguin.net
Sat Dec 27 10:48:45 EST 2008

>  Hello,
>
>   as you can see in http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/24/98
>  I wrote a GPIO class driver for the CS553X.
>
>   David suggests to include it within geode_32.c
>  and I would like to have your opinion on the matter.
>
>  Thanks in advance.

CCing Deepak and Andres (who no doubt will jump for joy).

This looks pretty good to me - Martin-Eric's naming suggestion is good,
the proper platform name should probably be cs5535, but I don't think
anybody will get all worked up if it is named cs5536 or even geode.  The
important thing is that the kconfig lists all the supported platforms and
that the code detects the hardware appropriately.

The most immediate consumers of this will be the OLPC folks - they will
start to convert over the DCON and audio drivers pretty quickly.  The
generic GPIO infrastructure is missing a few of the more obscure GPIO
features on the Geode that are used in the DCON code, but I know Deepak
was planning to write code for those; until then we can use the "legacy'
functions.

I'll ack this to live in geode_32.c with the naming change and Deepak's
blessing.

Jordan